>Personal Health >School Health >Services
The School Health program provides a variety of services in our Orange County Public Schools (OCPS). Services are also available to the many private schools in the county. Through this program, a team of 20 or so school health nurses and health technicians promote student health through the prevention, early intervention, and treatment or referral for chronic health problems.
Some of services provided include:
- Vision screening and follow-up.
- Review of student health records for immunization and physical exam compliance and follow-up with
- Health assessments, referrals, home visits, and counseling parents regarding student health problems.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) screenings for grades K, 1, 3, and 6.
- Administering immunizations at comprehensive school sites and through the middle school
- Health education presentations in the classrooms and in the community.
- Training school personnel on topics such as conducting health screenings and administering medication.
- Limited participation in school and community health fairs.